Head Barista – Central London – Sociable Hours – £41k+ OTE
- Head Barista
- £41k+ OTE
- Excellent benefits
- West End – Central London
- Premium F&B site
- Premium Luxury International Brand
Rhubarb Hospitality Recruitment is recruiting a Head Barista for a PREMIUM international brand with a focus on F&B retail. The site is located close to Regent Street in one of London’s most exclusive areas and directly alongside other leading international luxury brands. The store is situated over 3 floors of a luxury ‘designer refurbished’ site that offers a mix of retail, restaurant, and café space.
We are looking for a Head Barista with experience managing high volume and high-quality service led F&B with a Coffee House focus. You should have excellent knowledge of Coffee preparation and F&B (premium coffee stores, restaurant, hotel, bar etc.) and should be able to demonstrate flawless personal presentation, both in appearance and by way of your customer interaction skills. You should have a passion for F&B services and have an excellent understanding of what it means to consistently deliver excellence in customer service experience.
Fluent English essential, Italian speaker (nice to have) and other European language is a plus.
Hours of work are mainly daytime retail hours, a mix of early shifts (finishing at 3pm) and late shifts (finishing at 9pm) and in line with general retail opening hours, the store is not operational for evening service.
The Head Barista will be responsible for managing a large team of Baristas serving at multiple counters over two floors and will also act as Head Barista on a shared rota basis.
- Supervision of baristas team
- Manage all procedures in opening and closing of the store
- Control and maintenance of coffee equipment
- Responsibility for HACCP standards and cleaning activities (coffee areas)
- Stock management
- Waste management (target less than 1% of waste)
- Control and management of the coffee bar daily/weekly inventory
- Management training of coffee bar staff about beverages recipes, according to corporate training standards, with the support of HQ Training Centre and Marketing Retailing teams
- Responsible for coffee bar service
- Good management of workflows and orders
- POS Systems management
- Customer relations and sales push towards targets
The successful Head Barista will demonstrate:
- Premium Coffee technical skills on different preparations (cappuccino, espresso, latte art, cold brew, pure over…)
- Manage very sustained/busy work rates with discipline and control
- Transmitting calm and serenity to colleagues and customers
- High level of organization, attention to detail and good priority management
- Positive and constructive attitude
- Proactivity in managing any problems
- Manage customer relations accurately, patiently and politely
- Passion for fine coffee and professionalism at all time
Basic salary is £38,000 plus £3,000 bonus structure (£41k OTE) + service % + excellent benefits including:
Service Charge %, Life Assurance 4x salary, Critical illness cover, Simply Health Cash Plan, Access to remote GP service, Access to up to 50% off gym membership, Annual Flu jab, Occupational Health access, Mental Health Wellbeing, Employee Assistance Program, Managers get sick pay scheme (10 days full, 10 days half per annum), Managers get an annual bonus, Managers get laptop and phone, Sociable Hospitality hours