- £37,000 + bonus
- Driving Licence Required – company vehicle provided
- Responsible for sites in Central London, Maidenhead, Newbury, Reading, Slough and Swindon, Southampton and Bournemouth.
- Multi-site serviced apartment company
- Excellent reputation
Rhubarb Recruitment is looking for a Head of Housekeeping for a leading Serviced Apartment Company with serviced apartments located across the South and Southeast of England, specifically Central and West London, Maidenhead, Newbury, Reading, Slough and Swindon, Southampton, and Bournemouth. We are looking for a Head of Housekeeping with experience in a similar role within the hotel/serviced apartment industry.
The Head of Housekeeping will report directly to Company Directors and have overall responsibility for region-wide Housekeeping Operations. The role act as direct line manager for local/regional housekeeping managers.
The Head of Housekeeping role will be based at the Companies Head Office in Chiswick, West London and the role will involve regular travel to each of the regional locations for monthly local Housekeeping Manager meetings etc.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Management of the Company-wide Housekeeping Department
Including Management of major housekeeping suppliers, appliance audits, ensuring proper management of housekeeping storage facilities, ensuring all supervisors conduct accurate linen audits to ensure that they have adequate laundry levels, attend stocktakes, ensure supervisors are correctly planning daily housekeeping tasks such as additional items requested by guests in advance, to ensure maximum efficiency of the team. Ensure housekeeping schedules are correctly shown. Review the master schedule for apartment servicing according to category weighting as new apartments come online or leave the portfolio, to ensure the workload is fairly distributed across the team. Ensure daily schedules are promptly distributed in any area where no supervisor is present
- Housekeeping Standards Monitoring and Reporting
- Staff Management
- Housekeeping Team Recruitment
- Housekeeping Team Training
- Health and Safety Management
- Supplier Management
- Process Improvement
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of four years of experience in a similar position from within the hotel/serviced apartment industry
- Strong managerial skills with the ability to manage day-today employee queries along with more complex performance issues should they arise
- Excellent attention to detail is essential
- Be flexible, motivated and be able to work individually as well as being a team player
- Be able to demonstrate strong organisational skills
- Proven ability to train and coach a large team
- Excellent IT skills including Word and Excel
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communications skills
- Must be well presented and comfortable being the “face of Flying Butler” when meeting clients
The job is full-time and permanent, with a 40 hour and 5 days per week contract. Daytime hours, usually within hours of 9 am to 6 pm.
** It is essential that you have a clean driving licence **
Salary is £37,000 plus bonus
|Salary||£37,000 + bonus|