Prep Chef – Box End Park – Bedford – c£22k
- Chef jobs in Bedford
- Corner5 Restaurant
- Full time
- 5 days a week with 2 days off
- Salary £20,000 to £22,000
- Commis Chef, Demi Chef and CDP also considered
- Start date: ASAP
Occupying 100 acres of rural Bedfordshire, Box End Park is a modern and unique venue located within its own naturally stunning lakeside setting offering a blend of exhilarating water sports, relaxed brasserie restaurant, conference & function facilities. Situated within our eye-catching contemporary clubhouse building, the ‘Corner 5’ restaurant provides a freshly prepared menu for 50 covers. The restaurant with its stunning vistas triple height windows and contemporary furnishings makes it an exciting and stylish venue. Established in 2008 the hospitality part of the business has grown year on year. In addition to Corner 5 we have a growing conference & function department.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious Chef to work within a small highly skilled team to deliver the highest quality food. The successful candidate will work alongside the Head Chef & Sous Chef in shaping and delivering all aspects of the catering side of the business.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To assist in the smooth operation of all areas of the kitchen including starters, sauces, meats, fish and sweet sections.
- Hands-on preparation, cooking and presentation of a range of dishes.
- To assist in the development of the restaurant and bar menus as appropriate to the demands of the business and customer.
- To work efficiently, professionally and ensuring minimal food wastage at all times.
- To assist in the ordering, monitoring and maintenance of stock levels
- To carry out kitchen tasks ensuring all hygiene, health and safety regulations are adhered to.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and ready for a challenge.
- Creative flair and a real passion for fresh food and local produce.
- An excellent communicator and team player, able to work with a small management team.
- Well organised with good attention to detail.
- Able to work unsupervised to a high standard.
- All applicants must have NVQ 1 & 2 or equivalent.
- Previous experience in dealing with and understanding the finest, fresh ingredients is essential.
- Knowledge of HACCP paperwork.
£20-£22k + tips dependant on experience and qualifications.
|Salary||£20k - £22k|